Our Paediatric First Aid Course is designed to enable learners to attain the knowledge and competencies needed to deal with emergency first aid situations which can arise when looking after children and babies. At the end of the course participants will be able to demonstrate the practical administration of safe, prompt and effective first aid in emergency situations. This qualification fulfils Ofsted’s first aid requirements for early year’s teachers, nursery workers and childminders (as defined within the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage 2014 and within The Child Care Register guide).
Who is this course for?
This course is designed for people who have a specific responsibility at work, or in voluntary and community activities, to provide First Aid to young children and babies when dealing with an emergency situation such as nursery staff and childminders. There are no formal entry requirements but in order to benefit from the course participants should possess reasonable communication skills.
- The role of a paediatric first aider
- Use of first aid equipment
- Acting safely and effectively in an emergency situation
- Cardio Pulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for children and babies
- Management of a seizure
- Treatment of an unconscious casualty
- Recognising and responding appropriately to the emergency needs of chronic medical conditions such as epilepsy, asthma, sickle cell and diabetes
- Recognising and dealing with:- Shock Choking Wounds & bleeding Anaphylaxis Burns or scolds. Minor injuries and dressings Suspected fractures Head injures Poisoning Foreign bodies in eyes or ear and noses Bites & stings
2 day (12 Hours)
Certification is dependent on successful continuous assessment of the student. Those students who complete the course and are deemed to have reached the required standard are issued with a Paediatric First Aid certificate that is valid for three years, after which the learner will need to retake the course in order to remain qualified. If you wish to upgrade to Level 3 (QCF) Award you will be required to take a multiple choice question paper. £12.00 extra per certificate.
£645 for up to 12 delegates at your venue or join our many courses at hotel venues around the country for just £119 per person.
All course materials and full colour first aid handbook for each participant are provided. This course is subject to continuous assessment of participants throughout the day by our professional, fully qualified, first aid instructor. Delegates attending this course must bring a valid form of photographic I.D.
Ask about our discounts for multiple course bookings from our wide range of first aid and health and safety courses.
OUR COURSES HAVE NO HIDDEN EXTRAS